Monday, November 12, 2012

Antropometire by Yves Klein.

My artist is Yves Klein. In Korea, there is a museum called as Lium. When I first visited there, I met Yves Klein’s work. It was stunning. The color of blue was unbelievably amazing. The thing made me more surprised is that he uses human body as the pain brush. So I remembered of him as soon as I got this assignment. The art piece I choose is Antropometire series he did during early 1960s. He’s quest for pure color led him to paint in monochrome. So he started to develop international Klein blue. Klein considered monochrome painting to be an “open window to freedom, and the possibility of being immersed in the immeasurable existence of color.” Since Klein experimented with various method of applying the paint, he chooses to use body of women. In performances, women wear color of blue on their body and performance themselves on broad white canvas with music. The reason he had lots of spaces left on the canvas is that he wants the image to show absence. To performance freely, he chose to exhibit an empty gallery room to avoid everything but a large cabinet. His art works are minimal, conceptual, and performance art.

No comments:

Post a Comment