Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Della Paul: Sarah J. Christman Lecture


I really enjoyed Sarah J. Christman’s presentation today. She was really informative on the ideas around production workflow. I thought it was important that we should be more objective to the kind of material and be outside of the influence. I was really interested by her piece, “Buried Treasure” in which she highlights Bill Gate’s decision to stash hidden past photographs of our history in a mine. I love how her process at first started out as a strict narration, then evolved in the form on an e-mal further engaging the audience and creating a more connectable relationship with today’s constant use of technology. I also enjoyed how she transformed the idea of being an editor in film to one who creates collages, and I really hope I can bring about thinking outside the box in my own montage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment